Specialist Paediatric Dentist
He was the Acting Head of the Department at Sydney Dental Hospital and in charge of Paediatric Sedation Clinic at Sydney Dental Hospital for more than three years. Currently, Dr Loganathan works a part-time Staff Specialist (Paediatric Dentistry) at Westmead Centre of Oral Health and is experienced in all aspects of Paediatric Dentistry with a particular interest in dental trauma, dental anomalies and managing children under various forms of conscious sedation. Dr Loganathan is also a visiting specialist to the Children's Hospital at Westmead.
Dr Loganathan is also a Senior Clinical Lecturer with the University of Sydney since 2007 and actively involved in undergraduate, post graduate teaching and continuing dental education programs for dental professionals. Dr Loganathan is also the current President for Australian and New Zealand Society of Paediatric Dentistry (NSW Branch) and is actively involved in teaching the dental therapy and dental hygiene students from the University of Newcastle. Dr Loganathan has lectured in several conferences and meetings at national and international level.
- Specialist Paediatric Dentist, Sydney Paediatric Dentistry, Burwood, NSW
- Staff Specialist, Paediatric Dentistry, Westmead Centre of Oral Health
- Clinical appointment, City West Specialist Day Surgery and Hunters Hill Private Hospital
- Clinical Lecturer at the University of Sydney
- Visiting on-call specialist consultant at Children’s Hospital at Westmead
- President of Australian and New Zealand Society of Paediatric Dentistry, NSW Branch
- Australian Dental Association
- International Association of Paediatric Dentistry
- Australasian Academy of Paediatric Dentistry
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Paediatric Dentistry
- Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (Fellow)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- International Association of Dental Traumatology
- Doxycycline: Are its “side effects” a contraindications to its use? NM King, VLN Kumar, HM Wong. HK J of Paediatric 2007; 12: 105-110.
- The effect of casein phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate on remineralization of artificial caries-like lesions: an in vitro study. VLN Kumar, A Itthagarun, NM King Aus Dent J 2008; 53(1): 34-40.
- The article published in Australian Dental Journal was awarded the prestigious award of “Best scientific article for the year 2008”.