Specialist Paediatric Dentist
• Clinical Lecturer – Paediatric Dentistry, University of Sydney
• Member of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (RACDS)
Born and raised in Sydney, Dr Reena Bhatt completed her undergraduate dental training through the University of Sydney in 2002. She then worked at the Westmead Centre for Oral Health, where she gained additional training in a number of different dental specialties and developed a keen interest in Paediatric Dentistry. Following completion of her specialist training in Paediatric Dentistry in 2010, Reena worked as Senior Registrar at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, a role involving the dental management of medically compromised children and children with special health care needs. She then moved to the UK to complete a clinical teaching fellowship in Paediatric Dentistry at Bristol Dental Hospital through the University of Bristol. Since her return, Reena has maintained an active clinical role at Westmead Centre for Oral Health and involvement in teaching and training as a clinical lecturer and tutor in the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Sydney.
Reena is experienced in all aspects of Paediatric Dentistry, with specific areas of interest including management of medically compromised children and teaching. Reena places a strong emphasis on communication and developing a close rapport with her patients and their families. She is actively committed to advancement in her field through affiliation with a number of relevant specialist bodies, and maintains involvement in research. Outside work, Reena is passionate about wildlife and animal welfare and enjoys music and travelling. She lives in Sydney with her husband and baby boy.
- Staff Specialist Paediatric Dentist, Westmead Centre for Oral Health, Westmead, NSW
- Clinical Associate Lecturer and Tutor, University of Sydney, Australia
- Specialist Practice, Paediatric Dentistry, Sydney
- Clinical appointment, City West Specialist Day Hospital, Sydney
- Clinical appointment, Hunters Hill Private Hospital, Sydney
- Professional Affiliations and Associated Appointments
- Australasian Academy of Paediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- Australian & New Zealand Society of Paediatric Dentistry (ANZSPD)
- International Association of Paediatric Dentistry (IAPD)
- American Academy of Paediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (RACDS)